This week is exhausting.
Even though I have morning lessons until 12 noon, I would have to wait until 1800hrs for my other commitments, not forgetting the commitments I were to have in between such as meetings and errands to run.
Oh gosh. Furthermore, I have yet to sleep at 2200hrs. Every day since Monday, I have been sleeping near midnight just because of the commitments I have such as Silat and MS. Don’t take this wrong, I might be complaining but I love it. I… I just need sleep.
Anyway, this first week has been an experiment to know what works and what didn’t. So here is a list of what works:
- Waking up early and having early lessons which lead to my school day ending early is awesome.
- I kind of know the flow of my life now but the only problem is the huge gap of time between me ending school and the commitments I have later in the day.
- Lab is fun. I didn’t expect to like it.
Here are the things that didn’t work:
- Going to YIH after class is a bad idea and has always been a bad idea. I do not know what I still gave it a chance. I should just stick to the Science Library, I’ll be so much more productive, insyaAllah.
- I have yet to find time to run/exercise on my own. Having things to do at the ends of the day makes this something that is hard to accomplish. I need to really learn to prioritise what is important.
- The lack of sleep is killing me. I think I should go home during the pockets of time I have to just recuperate before the next activity.
- Recitation of the Quran. I need to work on my reading skills. I do not want to be left behind. I have received the way to fix it but I just need to find the proper time to do it. Hmm… seems like I need to block out time for specific activities.
- I do not have time to create. I am so bogged down by the idea of work and future work that I do not have time to let my ideas run free and flow. I believe it has impeded my ability to truly be creative.
- Social Media. Social Media is toxic. I need to step away from it and only use it if I really have to. THIS IS GOING TO BE VERY HARD.
- Revision. As I said above, I’m too bogged down by the idea of having work to do that I did not allocate time solely for revision and study. It is only the first week of school but the work has already piled up into a thick stack.
SEEMS LIKE THE TO-DO IS TO BLOCK OUT TIME FOR SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES ONLY.
Anyway, yea. I have meetings after this and then some event that I might or might not attend. Tomorrow, I will have some MS photographer duties (which I am very reluctant to do). Oh well… Just got to do it. It is my job after all.